As one of Kent’s major firms of Independent Financial Advisers, we are often asked for our views by local and national media sources. It has long been recognised that the Directors and Advisers at AV Trinity are highly qualified and exceptional communicators, and we are happy to help explain the sometimes complex financial issues to a wider audience through the written and spoken word.
Media enquiries should be directed to Richard Randall, Business Development Manager
Tel 01892 – 612554 or email to email@example.com
One of the AV Trinity advisers, Michael Hill, has passed the Chartered Insurance Institute examination RO4 Pension & Retirement Planning.
Well done Michael!
This year AV Trinity are once again helping to sponsor Emma Clarke, a young Kent dressage rider as she continues her climb up the rankings with her horse Lexcen. Emma has just had the great news that she has been selected to join the British Dressage Southern Team and her first competition with the team will be in Bedfordshire on the 18th & 19th May.
Emma has her own page on this website which contains more pictures and reports from her recent competitions which included a double1st place at Speedgate Arena last time out.
To view the page for Emma and Lex please click here.
Are you supporting an older relative and need advice on home care and funding options?
AV Trinity is joining with other experts and we look forward to welcoming you on the 14th May 2013 at The Hotel Du Vin, Tunbridge Wells.
Please click here for full details.
Martyn Francis has passed R05 (Financial Protection) and R06 (Financial Planning & Practice) thereby achieving his Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. Well done Martyn !
One of our advisers, Julie Lavers, has passed the AF5 (Financial Planning Process) examination and become a Chartered Financial Planner. Chartered status reinforces the importance of professionalism in a fast moving and competitive world. It also helps to put the financial advice sector on a par with other professions such as solicitors and accountants, and distinguishes holders from their competitors.
Research shows that the Chartered Financial Planner status is increasingly being recognised by consumers (both individual and businesses) as a mark of professionalism and is recognised as the premier title for financial advice professionals.
Well done Julie ….
From 1st October 2012 large firms with in excess of 120,000 employees now have to auto-enroll employees into workplace pension. But there are a group of individuals for whom auto-enrolment could be catastrophic, if swift action is not taken:-
Enhanced and Fixed Protection
- - Protection will be lost if further contributions made
- - Employees with Protection should therefore opt out of auto enrolment
- - There is just 1 month permitted for the opt-out to be effective
- - The process of auto-enrolment will be repeated every 3 years-so must the opt-out process!
- - A beneficial option to take all pension as a lump sum, lost if fund exceeds £18,000
- - Most pertinent to those aged 60 or more whose pension fund is worth just under £18,000
- - Employees should opt out if work place pension is likely to take them over £18,000
- Can be particularly advantageous if client dies in retirement
- Can include 10 year guarantee on pension
- Any pension payments made under guarantee taxed at beneficiaries’ rate
- Thus avoids 55% tax charge on death
- Pension is actuarially calculated often is more than Capped Drawdown
- Client’s health can be taken into account, even after pension has commenced!
- So increase in pension possible, if health deteriorates-unlike an annuity!
- Available under a range of pension wrappers-SSAS, SSIP, FPT